I've been taking a fair number of pictures as I've been working over the past few days on my Jack Frost Cosplay. I still have a ways to go, but here is what I've gotten done so far.
(Comments, Image by Image basis)
1. I bought a piece of white Styrofoam. God awful stuff, but it did the job. Helped me get the angles and make the hook part of the staff more light weight. I then used floral wire (not pictured) and connected the pieces before gluing them together in place (I used SEVERAL wires per piece).
2. These are the pants I purchased, from walmart. You can see the before on the left side and the after (painted) on the right.
3. Totally out of order, but this is my staff as it stands now. It has 3 coats of paper mache, and about five layers of paint. It still is missing the elwire (as it hasn't come in the mail yet).
4. Also out of order. This is my staff after the last layer of paper mache. This layer I took a lot of time to make texture with it (which helped in the painting a lot).
5. The beginning of coat one of paper mache. I worked on this coat for two days before I finished it. Things to note: paper mache does not stick to that type of foam without a fight. The paper mache strengthened the hook pieces a lot once it was dry.
6. A detail shot of the second layer of paper mache. I wasn't worried about making it perfect because I knew that I was going to cover it with a 3rd, very textured layer.
7. Be sure to take a trip to McDonald's and buy a happymeal, it could have one of these bad boys inside (he shoots little round cardboard snowflakes).
8. My staff after two layers of paint. I painted with a medium brown to start (due to the fact I had the most medium brown and I knew I was going to need a base coat), and then completely painted over it with a dark brown.
9. This is me, being weird, because I can, and I don't have a roommate (basically I'm wearing everything as completed as it is at this very moment).
10. A detail shot of the jacket. This was just taken from a different picture (not shot specifically). I basically zoomed it to 100% and then cropped a section out of it just to show what it looks like closeup.
11. Movies (percy jackson and the olympians) are great while you wait for layers of paint or paper mache to dry. Featured are two of my friends (one of which will be working on a toothiana outfit for the same con I'm wearing jack to!)